Re: Multi-Symbol chart system

> Hi Victor,
> Thanks for your efforts, but the code will not verify???

I think Victor was doing like I sometimes do, whipping it out off the
top of his head, and letting you do the testing.  :-)

> You will want to set up one chart with the S&P as
> data1, the S&P index as Data2 and the NASDAQ 100 as
> Data3. Then you can apply this system to it:
> If Close[1] of Data2 then
>    value1 = Close of data2 / Close[1] of Data2;
> If Close[1] of Data3 then
>    value2 = Close of data3 / Close[1] of data3;

He probably intended to say "if Close[1] of DataX <> 0 then ..."
He's checking to make sure you don't divide by zero.  That's always a
good idea.  Maybe you think the price will never hit zero, but in
some corner cases TS uses a zero value when the data is missing.

After that, value1 has the 1-bar %change in SPX, and value2 has the 1-
bar %change in NDX.

> If value2 > value3 then
>    buy next bar at open
> else
>    sell next bar at open;

Change that to "if value2 > value1" and it should work as he intended.

(Another case where declaring named variables would avoid a sneaky
error. :-)

Gary