re: wtc sprinklers

Unfortunately the sprinklers did work - just not where intended.  The stairs
were completely covered in water.  If anything the water slowed the
descent.  I also take complete offense that the firemen knew the building
was coming down.  The firehouse across my apartment lost 9 men - i did
not know them.  However I did know quite well the men from the liberty
street station next to the btrust building.  They were the first in and on the
highest floors.  These guys I knew and drank with surely were no fools.
One of the most unfortunate things I still see daily is that these men do
not get there just respect as heroes.  Normally if a fireman dies in the line
of duty everyone from the mayor to the governor comes to his funeral.
With the mass of funerals these brave souls are leaving us with pitiful
sendoffs.  As I have not much to do I try to make as many funerals as
possible but if any one in the nyc area has his old volunteer fireman dress
blues please come and give these men there proper respect.
Brian