Re: TS4 error window (Nimda virus)

I got that virus too. On Win 98.  I wouldn't necessarily recommend
reformating the hard drive. Update your virus program,  or get the free
(requires registration to d/l) nimda cleaner from
TrendMicro(www.antivirus.com), looks to work great in just a few minutes.  I
imagine by now all other virus program vendors might have something similar.
I actually cleaned the virus by myself without deleting all my files
(reformatting) , but wasn't confident that I had. The TrendMicro cleaner
eased my fears.  Reformatting your drive would be the way to be absolutely
sure you were rid of it, though.

For nimda, any program,  like WordPad or MS Office, that uses riched20.dll
would have problems because the virus replaces it. If the riched20 file is
57kb or so,  it's the virus. I don't know if TS4 would use that file,  or if
Win2000 even has that file (I would guess it does).

d.

PS,  sorry for the reply directly to you,  Jim,  I just wasn't thinking.