Re: Security Alert -- CERT Advisory on NIMDA virus

Ok, Mark, you scared me so I decided to check out my system. Turns out
a fairly old IE patch protects against this one so I'm not installing
any new ones until the dust settles. Quoting

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS01-020.asp

"To verify that the patch has been installed on the machine, open IE,
select Help, then select About Internet Explorer and confirm that
Q290108 is listed in the Update Versions field."

I do use IE for browsing but I don't use OE for mail. I've got Q290108
so I guess I'm as safe as I need to be. YMMV.

--
  Dennis