RE: system suggestions

> But Jack, you then somehow have to replicate that data based on
> the selected bar interval....daily, weekly, etc. or .... you must
> use logic in EL to do this replication for a single value for
> instance.

Nope, not necessary.  EL automatically uses the most recent value,
even if you have huge gaps in the data.

I just tried applying this file as data2:

  Date,Open,High,Low,Close
  1/10/2001,1,2,3,4
  1/11/2001,4,3,2,1
  1/20/2001,5,6,7,8
  3/15/2001,4,3,2,0
  5/20/2001,3,3,3,0
  6/1/2001,1,1,1,1

...and "Close" on any bar (using 30min data in data1) returned the
most RECENT Close value from the data2 file.

The only tricky part was that TS tried to be clever when it scanned
the data file.  At first I only had 4 lines, in Jan / Mar / May /
Jun, and TS insisted it had to be a "monthly" file.  Then I added the
1/20 line and it would allow me to chart it as "weekly" data.  Then I
added 1/11 and it apparently said "hm, we have two data points a day
apart, so this MUST be daily data."

Gary