Re: Terrorism in NYC & Washington

Today, our large clinic and emergency services through Minnesota in the
north central US, received an alert from the MN Dept of Health warning of
possible biologic terrorism involving the possibilites of anthrax,
tularemia, plague, smallpox, brucellosis, and viral hemorrhagic fever
(ebola).  This type of scenario has been outlined in a John Clancy novel.

Below is the most succinct analysis I have seen on why a biologic attack is
*not* likely:

"In the case of a biological attack, it is unlikely that the public would
settle for anything less than demanding that the offending country's
population centers glow in the dark for the next 250 thousand years.  I
certainly pray that no one is foolish enough to give an already angry
America a reason to retaliate *without constraint*.  Certainly the
terrorists
do not care, but the leadership of the nations that support them would
probably prefer to continue their leadership along with their nations
existence and take steps to curtail any type of attack that would lead to
the ultimate response.  It is probably the only reason that Israel itself
has not been subjected to biological or chemical weapons."

This analysis that biologic warfare against the US would lead to a response
"without
constraint"  hopefully is our ace in the hole against any such
unprecedented continuation of this attack.

Don