Re: Need a Global Variable DLL

At 12:00 PM -0700 9/6/01, TradingSystem.Com wrote:

>Does anyone have a DLL that they could share that saves information or data
>so that I can see information accoss indicators in different charts? Would
>appreciate it if someone could pass one on. If not I will have to pull out
>the C compiler.

As you say, you can do this with Global Variables. There are several
Global Variable DLL programs available for use with TradeStation.

For real-time use it is pretty easy. Just write the current value of
the indicator into a Global Variable then read and display it in the
other chart.

If you want it to work on historical charts, it is more complicated.
You then have to run a program on one chart and store all of the
values for each bar in a Global Variable array, then run a program on
the other chart to display all of the corresponding values on the
other chart. This gets you into the morass of getting TradeStation to
run the charts in some desired order so you can load a value before
you need it, etc.

The Global Variable packages have hints on how to accomplish this.

Bob Fulks