Re: Problem of executing orders on next bar

At 2:05 PM -0700 9/4/01, TradingSystem.Com wrote:

>I know there is a way around this problem...
>
>TradeStation seems to allow you only to execute orders at the next
>bar or the current bar on close? I would like to execute a market
>order on the very tick that my strategy says that it is a good trade.

You have two possible solutions:

1. Use 1-tick bars and enter the market order for the next "bar".

2. Figure out one bar in advance, at what prices your strategy will
say it is a good trade and enter stops at those values for execution
on the next bar.

Bob Fulks