Re: Build 304 upgrade warning

Mark,

I didn't have that problem when being pushed another upgrade but I didt have systems and indicators broken that worked for 2 1/2 years under TS2k and even prior versions of TSpro (see my message "Thank you for taking the time to send us your inquiry..." sometime on Saturday). BTW, that subject line is part of omega's standard "cut and paste" email response from a support droid *several days* after you've received the email server's automated confirmation receipt of your email.

The beauty of TS2k and TS4 is that you *could* roll back to a prior release should you encounter problems with an "upgrade". With TSpro - you're dead in the water should you encounter *any* problems. You can't roll back and you can't get any fixes from omega. You'd better be up to date on your nightly back ups and hope that you discover the problem before you recycle your tape.

TSpro is *constantly* changing with each build. These upgrades aren't simply bug fixes. There's major restructuring of the product. Legacy product behavior and functions have been changed and/or broken in mid-release. The only response from omega is that they're aware of it and it'll be addressed "in one of the future releases".

My rare encounter with omega's tech support doesn't leave me with any confidence in the product and certainly not to open a 50K minimum trading account with them. Hell, I can piss my money away as well as they can.

I have been looking into the TS2k/Dynastore/Qfeed combination over the weekend. The one time purchase of Dynastore/Dynaloader combination is 350.00 and QFeed is 79.95 per month. This is very reasonable for me. Monthly is less than TSpro and I have a product that has stabilized with known bugs instead of constantly getting new ones on each "upgrade" that is pushed to me.

Good luck....

-- Roy