From: "Peter Laird" <laird@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Omega" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, September 03, 2001 9:36 AM
Subject: Copy Paste Quote.com ASCII to 2000i

:
: I have a query with regards importing ASCII data into GlobalServer.
:
: I use 2000i with eSignal on a beefy laptop. Certainly, if the computer is
: left on to run all day there is little or no problem gathering data. There
: are times when the computer must be off, and several hours of data lost,
: however, I might still want to
: trade later in the day, and I'm looking at a big whole in my data.
:
: I notice Quote.com on their free E-Mini chart has the ability to display 1
: minute data for the past two days in either ASCII or Excel format. I've
been
: trying to "copy paste" the ASCII data to a file for importation into
: Globalserver. I've had little luck. I've read all the help files, and I
: believe I'm following the correct procedure, but the only bar display I
can
: get out of the 1 minute ASCII data is a daily bar on the chart. So I can
get
: Global Server to deliver the data to a chart, but only a daily bar.
:
: It just seemed like a quick and easy (not to mention free) method to solve
: 2000i data problem if the computer misses part of the days data.
:
: I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what I may be doing incorrectly, or
any
: "work around" or other solution someone may have come up with.
:
: Thanks
:
: Peter Laird