RE: NeoTicker (was Re: EL to VB translator)

At 2:03 AM +0200 9/3/01, Pierre Orphelin wrote:

>As you are asking, better than guessing...

Nice to have some real facts. Thanks.

>1-TS Pro stores  the data collected in a cache, one file per item, no
>limitation.

How is your term "item" defined? Is an item the data for one chart,
one data series, or what?

>2-When you disconnect and reconnect, it checks the integrity of the database
>and ONLY reloads what is missing.
>Reloading saved workspaces with data already stored in the cache is very
>fast

Sounds good.

>3-The data files are tick files or minute files, so when you load 18 min
>bars , you got the 1 min bars stored in the cache.

Good. (Like TradeStation has always done.)

>4-Tick files are limited in historical length stored, but this has changed
>or should change.

Should definitely change. I have loaded 1000 days of SPX 1-tick bars
into TS2000i (1.35 million bars) and it works great!

>5-A next version  should be able to read ASCII files and allow local data
>correction.

Much better, but ASCII is pretty verbose for such data.

>6-Data import from previous format is not allowed, and will probably not.
>They want to stick with the data on demand database, their best protection
>against piracy, and avoid  third party maintenance.

This would be OK if lots of historical data is available. Is there a
policy on how much historical data will be available? It seems as if
the major benefit of backtesting would be lost if there is too little
data for meaningful backtesting.

How about back-adjusted futures data. How far back will back-adjusted
data go. What kind of back-adjusting will they do?

Speaking of facts, is there a source on the TRAD website where the
accurate technical specifications of TSPro are listed. That would
save us a lot of guessing and testing.

Thanks.

Bob Fulks