Email paging accouts vs email software

A while back I posted a request about information for a service that would
allow me to email account then have it notify my pager.  Didn't get any
I found more than a few places that do this.  I found a couple that seem to
be used by a lot of people (not just for email) and are reasonably priced.
They are

Skytel (www.skeytel.com)
Archwireless (www.arch.com)

Here's a site which lists several others
http://www.mobileinfo.com/Vendor_Dir/wrls_NSPs.htm

For a reasonable monthly fee you get a dedicated email account that sends
email to your pager.  Wireless internet will do this for about the same
price.  There are a lot of other smaller companies that offer email to pager
accounts but these seem to be the most popular.  Skytel is around 9.99/mo
for a metro email account, archwireless is 3.00/mo!  for the same and I
didn't look into web wireless.  I heard Skytel has better cust service and
not as many holes hence the higher price.

I like this system better than dedicating paging software that does this
because I don't have to maintain a second phone line, modem card and install
more software.  This system is 100% compatible with the internet whereas
using software to page may not be yet.

Now this gives me a lot more freedom and I can get lots of errands done in
the morning, during trading hours.

B.