Wrkspace Assistant and Optimizing

After just recently getting familiar with the Workspace Assistant the
shortcomings are clear. Sure it can give you signals, but it can't optimize
your strategies across a number of stocks. It seems that the solution to
this is to run a performance report in your strategy used for your scan and
output the results to a file that could be loaded in to Excel.  I don't
believe I'm covering new ground here for some people.  I did buy Hashnums
and I believe that it has more capabilities than the DDE tool that
apparently is an accessory for 2000i, but I haven't heard anyone compare the
two. The other issue is the code for the items in the performance report.
Does anyone have it? Is it available on the FAQ's? It shouldn't be hard to
put together but why reinvent the wheel. Any thoughts. Anyone worked through
the code?

thanks,

Jim Bronke
Phoenix, AZ