Re: NeoTicker (was Re: EL to VB translator)

  • To: "Joel Reymont" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: NeoTicker (was Re: EL to VB translator)
  • From: "John O. Romero" <jromero@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 13:26:53 -0700

Joel,

NeoTicker at this time does not have a prebuilt optimization built into
it.  You could easily optimize by running the backtesting capabilities of
system testing and then put the results into something like Excel or some
other program to do a 3 D graph of the system and see what works best.  The
other item that is supposed to be fixed in a point release in the next few
months is to have multiple plots per indicator.  Today you can have
indicator scripts chained (linked) from one to the other, so you can
achieve the same results in most cases, but not easily in all.  Lastly, you
can also create your own 'stuff' in compiled code.  This can be either
ActiveX  Exe or .DLL.  The people at TickQuest have met all of their
release dates, which have been every 6 - 8 weeks since I have been with
them from 1.0.  I was not with them during pre release.

Also, people on the list have been talking about volume / price
charts.  They already have this implemented.  Everyone can get a 30 day
free trial of the RT package.  The price is only $650. or lease for 3
months for an extened test for $150.
Their EOD package is only $30.  I have no idea what it can do.

If you have a specific question or two, I will try to answer them

John