RE: EL to VB translator

Joel, I think there is considerable demand for an EL to VB translator, but
there is an even greater demand for an EL compiler, that cross compiles to
VB (binary), which would allow users to continue development in an "EL
environment," but on another platform.

You've probably looked at neoticker, which I believe supports vb among a few
other scripting languages. Historically, whenever anyone has thought about a
translator or compiler such as you are, the legal issue has raised its head.
TradeStation Group is vigilantly aware of the threat that these kinds of
utilities would raise (for them) and soon confront anyone who wishes to do
"anything" with their language.

As a first step, I think a tutorial that walks users through the vb
equivalent of EL, and expands on the benefits and increased functionality of
vb would be a good idea and far less prone to incur any sword fighting. I'd
suspect a tutorial would heighten an overall desire to move away from EL.

One of the features that I envisage for www.traders2traders.com is an Open
Source forum. Such a tutorial could be the first collaborative project if
you wish to spearhead the effort.

Frankly, it would be a very smart move for TradeStation to add vb as an
alternative to EL :)

Later,
Colin West