Re: No more 2000i in the US

From: "Cayenne Trading LLC" cayenne@xxx

> Joel is right. Simply amazing. After all these years, they make what is
> probably one the most important business decision in the history of the
> company and not a word except in the fine print.

This really flows into my other question about
the EL to VB translator. Something like that would provide continuity
for people and a migrating path. Coupled with a good charting library
it could even be a force to recon with. No need to reinvent the wheel,
maybe charting from NeoTick or WealthLab could be integrated.

I know you can use something like Excalibur from FuturesTruth
for testing systems but I have not been able to find any info
on the product except old reviews. Plus, you would need
to write systems and backtest in VC++.

I recon it would be much easier to be able to do the same in VB.
In view of that I'm trying to gauge interest. If there's a lot of it
I would try to raise some money, something like 30K.
I own www.hiddenworks.com and have access to really cheap
but top-notch developers. The sum above includes no profit
and is my estimate.

I would think development will take 3-4 months and after everything
is done I would be looking to sell the translator to recoup
the development expense and hopefully make some money.
I don't know what a good price point would be but at $200 a license
I would need to sell 150 licenses to recoup expenses.

    Joel