Re: MIT orders

This has nothing to do with trying to catch highs/lows. This situation
applies to *any* system that uses limit orders. TS will report a limit order
filled when the market does not trade through it even though in real life
you would probably not have been filled in this case. Out of 500 trades
using limit orders for profit exits, in about 10 cases, the high of the day
just happens to be my exit limit price. Most likely, I would not have been
filled. In 6 of those 10 cases, I am filled the next day as the next day's
high exceeds my limit. In the other 4 cases, my stop is hit before the limit
is exceeded. Turning those 4 TS simulated winners into real life losers is
about a $2000 difference between what TS reports and what you would have
experienced in real life. That's about $10 per winner. (Only 200 winners
where the market opened under my limit and traded up to / through it during
the day). So the question is, am I gonna get less than $10 slip, *on
average*, with MIT orders?

FYI, I think one should always go through each trade and verify what TS
reports. Some things to check for:
1) Limit orders where the market hit but did not trade through your price.
TS will report this as a fill. In real life, probably not.
2) Profit targets and stops hit on the same bar. TS presumes a specific OHLC
sequence, but of course this is not how it always happens.
3) Situations where the market came within 1 or 2 ticks of your stop price.
In real life, your stop would most likely have been elected, especially in
markets where your stop is triggered by best b/a rather than an actual print
at your stop price.

SH