Re[2]: Numeric instabilities - a brief show-and-tell demonstration

On Thursday, August 02, 2001, 11:03:05 AM, pierre.orphelin wrote:

po> Unfortunately, you do not exactly use such calculations in a
po> trading system.

How did you come to know what calculations are used in EVERY trading
system on the planet?

po> It's an EMA like code on steroids, and has no application in real
po> trading world,

How about digital filters (also EMA like code on steroids)? Are you
saying that NOBODY uses them for trading?

It would seem that you are making general statements that have no
basis in fact. I'd like to know how you are so sure NOBODY uses such
calculations.

Is it not likely that some traders use calculations that may be
subject to SIGNIFICANT errors from precision considerations?

I know with ABSOLUTE CERTAINTY that at least one TS user uses such
calculations. :-)

These kinds of statements do not improve your credibility.

ztrader