RE: TS Precision...The Lessons, wrap for Beginners

At 10:56 PM +0200 8/2/01, Bengtsson, Mats wrote:

>Keeping copies of code updated is a real pain. You do not suggest using
>functions, but they would help to a bit if you did. I guess there is a
>reason, so I wondered why you avoid functions. I realise they cost overhead,
>I also know they can not use all order position info, but some of it. Just
>curious for the reasons.

That is the easy part - I just copy/paste from one to the other.

Functions are fine but they just return a single value in TS4.0 and I
like my systems to run on both TS 4.0 and TS2000i.

You are correct that with TS2000i you could do all your calculations
in a function and then pass lots of values back using the
NumericArrayRef form. You could then call the same function from
several places, assuring that the code is the same.

I haven't figured out a way to avoid updating the inputs of the
Indicators with the results of an optimization in the System without
Global Variables but maybe someone else has. That is the real pain...

Bob Fulks