Re: Got a question for everybody....

I don't need to defend Mark Brown but for the three or four years I have
been following this list he has contributed a great deal (as well as other
members). He's colorful, lively, and more times than not, dead on with his
comments. Many members find him abrasive but I  for one like his no nonsense
approach. If you can't stand to hear negative comments and only want the
happy news, then this is not the place to be.

What you fail to understand is most of the trading systems for sale out
there are nothing but smoke and mirrors and have been hashed and re-hashed
on this list. A great number of these "for-sales" systems are public domain
systems that don't work worth a damn real time (unless you withstand one
hell of a draw down).

What raises the hackles on the necks of most people is some wanna-be trader
joins the "Omega" group looking for the quick road to riches. The first
thing out of the box is he's wanting to know about this system or that
system without understanding that systems logic. By your own admission you
didn't think about slippage, fast markets, or spreads between the bid and
ask. To me it screams newbie who's looking for Easy Street. Let me give you
a clue; It don't exist or we'd all be millionaires.

I don't think you will find one member on this group who will tell you "how"
to make your million dollars in the market (unless they want to sell you
something), but there are many on here who will assist you with ideas you
may have about developing your own trading system or indicator.

If you're looking for the easy get rich recipie to a million dollars, join
the newsgroups. There's a whole bunch of people just waiting to sell you
their snake oil. This is an "Omega" group and we're here to discuss (1)
Omega products (problems/fixes/bugs etc), (2) EL programming, (3) share
ideas, and even discuss the "merits" of a specific system and or style of
trading. I'm not here to hear about "Amazing Breakthroughs". You my friend
take up unecessary bandwith with that kind of crap, so stop wearing your
feeling on your sleeves and move on.

William