Re: How to display variable on a chart

At 8:09 AM -0400 7/25/01, Michael Harris wrote:

>How do you display a variable on a chart or in a data window?
>
>Specifically, if I have a variable like maxpositionprofit, what is the
>EL command to make it display in the chart window.  If this is a
>problem, having the variable in a data window would also be fine.

There are too many more things that someone would have to know to
give you any help.

I suggest that you look at the code for a few of the indicators and
functions built into TradeStation and see how they did it. You can
look at the code for most of the built-in indicators with the
PowerEditor. Try to understand every line of code and what it does.
The on-line help will explain most statements.

Then try a few on your own, copying some of their code to get the
hang of it.

Looking at existing code is probably the best way to learn since
there are no real training courses.

Bob Fulks