Re: Tax status

  • To: Omega-list <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Tax status
  • From: "Roger L. Shepherd" <mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 19:03:45 -0700

You have to file an election with the IRS electing traders status.  If you
don't file the election you don't have it.

There are specific timing requirements as to when the request must be filed
for the current income tax year.  I don't remember exactly what they are off
the top of my head but  I do remember the request must be filed early in the
year for which traders status is elected and can not be filed retroactively
after the end of the tax year.

Roger