Re: Tax status

  • To: Omega-list <Omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Tax status
  • From: "Roger L. Shepherd" <mailrs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 16:15:45 -0700

It looks as if we have a disagreement of experts.  I was quoting from Ted
Tesser's article on page 90 of the June 2000 issue of Active Trader magazine
in which he discusses the 475 election and specifically states that a 475
election eliminates the preferential tax treatment of the 60/40 split for
Section 1256 contracts.

Guess we all better do our homework before next tax season.

For those of you who are not familiar with Ted Tesser. He is a CPA who
specializes in income taxes for traders and investors.  His web site is at
the following URL

http://www.taxtrader.com/home.html