CL_coax connectors

    I'll try and keep this short - - for digital coax users.  There is a big
difference in hardware ( even the simple stuff), for digital signal vrs.
analog ( according to tech who made repairs for me  - -  I use a Cox@xxxx
connection with SurfBoard cable modem - - an installation they made just
over a year ago).
    I was Up & Down last week & finally Down  - - it took over 36 hours to
get a tech out to make the check.  He used a new meter ( cost of $2k),
holding it close to cable/connectors and just scanning down from modem.
Within seconds he isolated the area  - - problem  [ connectors &
splitter - - theirs ].
    There is a NEW coax CONNECTOR ( primarily designed for digital) that
should be used.  When crimped it will " allow a truck to be towed " with
cable and crimp, according to the tech.  The splitter ( I split to TV) was
also for digital.
    This new type connector looks a little heavier, but the different crimp
is noticable.  The older ( and I used gold) allows the wire to be " pulled
back a little " into the shielded cable.  If this happens, your analog will
work BUT maybe/maybe not the digital.  If you have digital TV, you will
notice picture " freeze" continue, "freeze"  - - a sign of possible trouble.
    It's the weekend, so I haven't been able to ascertain if one can
purchase this new connector and/or the splitter at a local cable and
wireless shop  - - the tech left me with a few spares, when he saw that I
had the proper crimping tool ( Radio Shack just less than $40 as I recall,
some years back).
Trade Well & Smart,
John