Re: Is it time to find a BETTER toolbox?

We all get really pissed at TS and it's bugs and quirks. At some point each
of us needs to bite the bullet and put Omega behind. Is it a pain to
convert your code from EL to VB - yes, but not a huge pain as VB is very
similar to EL. EL is a take off of Pascal. The wrost part is rechecking
your logic. as you now have to make sure all of your logic, you once
thought was good is really sound. For instance - if you have values in a
function that need to be recalced every bar, there are certain conditions
when this will not occur. Or Omega, changing the sequence in which
functions are calculated, based on simple/series or some such other reason.
I don't remember all of the "stuff" why things were weird, but I reached a
point and found a product that had the capabilities I needed / wanted and a
price I liked.

Take a look at NeoTicker, they just released V2 which includes the ability
to write trading systems, and backtesting. There is a 30 day trial and then
purchase is only $650 (currently) . You can program in VB, Java, C, C++ or
any other 32 bit language you choose. IT is very similar in TS4 with
multiple windows, multiple, subgraphs (called panes) and multiple
workspaces (called groups). They are open to suggestions from users.

I have posted this before and I promise this will be the last time.

NeoTicker is a realtime product for $650 and their EOD is only something
like $89.

www.tickquest.com NeoTicker

The usual. I am not affiliated with TickQuest - just a happy customer.

John