an old trading system may work again.

Before the days of "earnings didn't matter," one could track IPO's as the
time approached for insiders to begin profiting from taking a company
public. When they took profits the float would increase and the stock would
fall in price and one day recover if earnings were not too distant. Setting
up bear spreads worked quite well, but in latter years they didn't as there
were too many people ready to buy almost anything. A classic case of demand
exceeding supply.

I'd like to try this system again, but it would help if I had a few
resources and tools that someone can refer me to. A calendar of first
listing dates, and how to scan a basket of stocks to flag IPOs approaching
first lock-open date. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Colin West
cwest@xxxxxxxxxxxx