Re: $ "devaluation" rumor???

Dollar deval?  I don't see it.  Japan is in the toilet.  Singapore and
Thailand are headed there.  China is still slow.  Europe is sluggish with no
signs of recovery and their ECB is not loosening.  Half of South America is
on the brink of default again and Argentina (or is it Peru?) is talking
about breaking the $ peg.  Where is money going if not the good ole USA?

Bill Wolman on CNBC last Friday did point out that the last time the world
was in a circumstance similar to this one was 1930.

And regarding your inflation comment, I noticed that different media outlets
are beginning to push the concept of separating "wage inflation" from
"inflation inflation".  Sort of like "PPI minus food and energy".  Or "PPI
minus inflation" equals "no inflation".

Someone else (don't remember who) made a really good point that the thing
everyone is currently hanging their hat on, the fact that we may be in a
recession right now and unemployment is still well below 5%, could be the
one thing that torpedoes us on the rebound.  The theory is that as soon as
the ecomony starts to recover, unemployment will start sinking again and
inflation will skyrocket.

Of course, with our trade balance where it is right now, if the $ did start
down, it would be a real bitch.

Kent