Re: OMZ conversion software

Well this is certainly timing!

I just bought it from HistoryCentre. The software is great.
The main proprietor seems to be a gentleman named Andrew,
in Moscow. He was extremely helpful and patient with me and
also timely given the large hour difference between us (I'm
in Colorado.)

I've written software documentation for years and I can
tell that the engineer wrote the documentation :) I was
unable to find a few key items of information in it. It may
be in there but the organization is Faustian and I was
hurried in my excitement to be up and running.

In any case, Andrew kindly answered every one of my
questions in detail, sent me a working template to use and
all in all was very good to work with. The software works
very well, it is fast and easy to use once you get the
setup correct.

Please note however, I am pulling data off of ESignal. The
way they send historical data does not work in the
HistoryCentre software at all. Therefore, I had to write
some Excel VB code to modify the data from ESignal into a
format that could be accepted by HistoryCentre. That is
probably why Andrew asks for a sample file before purchase.

I don't know what data you are looking for, but if it is
from ESignal I could send you my pre-conversion program. I
will also have to do the same thing for the E-Mini data off
of the CME website as soon as I can figure out just what
all those extra fields are for and where in that nightmare
string is the data I need :) If you have any info on CME's
FTP E-Mini data, let me know.

My thanks to HistoryCentre and Andrew for coming up with a
much needed solid product and all their help!

ta

Hango Winspy  wrote:

Hello O-List,There was one software, HistoryCentre from
www.traders-soft.com, posted here a couple of weeks ago. I
believed it was posted by the vendor himself. Is there
anyone on the O-list has any postive experience on using
HC?I'd like to buy some utility software which can convert
ASCII to OMZ for TS4. Besides vendor's self promotion, any
real hands-on experience and comments are
appreciated.Regards,Hango Winspy