RE: Cruz Brothers and 2000i

We are not interested in doing anything with
EL at all - it is a proprietary language and
any implementation of it will probably result
in lawsuits :)

NeoTicker's language capability has started from
a higher level of integration. Thus it can
represent mathematics (existence of invalid data
point, for example), trading concepts (like, you can
actually place resting orders in trading systems),
plus a lot more power from its ability to connect
to external programs ...

The simple fact that you can write in VBscript,
JSscript, etc. already give its users way better
solution in implementing their ideas :)

I understand that the investment traders made in
the EL language and it is pretty hard to translate
existing EL code into something else. I for one
personally have more than 200
functions/indicators/systems written in EL since
the TS3 days ...

Well when I moved towards using an in-house
software [NeoTicker's ancestor :) ] the actual
number of indicators moved were only 30 or so,
the rest are printed out and saved into text files
but never needed any more because they are more
research oriented. Since I already know the results,
they are no longer needed :)

I understand the pain of moving away from TS,
it's a hard habit to break.

On the other hand, I am still glad that I did
the huge clean up to move onto other platform ...

-Lawrence
http://www.tickquest.com