Re: Filling in the cracks - request for today's data

--- Robert Marley <smokegreenbuds@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Should we assume, then, that the omega ftp refresh
> site is kaput for good?
>
> -RNM
>

> --- Steve Kline <sjkline@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > perhaps
> > we can establish a small
> > group of TS4 users who can provide each other with
> > our own OMZ "refresh
> > data" when needed.

I suppose I could supply an ftp site where people log
in and swap data.  Anyone could log in and up/download
data during off-market hours.  I would like there to
be an upload to download ratio imposed to encourage
uploading of fresh data.  It needs to be automatic of
course.  Is there a way to do this using cookies
instead of ftp?  Also, data must be segregated by
symbol so as to eliminate the stupidity of having to
download the whole set of symbols (as was the case
with historybank).  However I only allocate about 1
gig of space.  Has anyone recently purchased one of
those huge drives?  My bandwidth is 200
kbit/set=20kB/s.  Does anyone out there collect all
data?  I only collect 5 symbols.  DB was doing this
but he doesn't have a static ip and never bothered to
emulate one.  Thoughts?  Let's help each other out
here.  Disk drives are cheap and most of us have
broadband and the fact is that the only thing new on
Omega's ftp site are notices of data problems.

Jack