Re: System Performance (philosophy)

> > your graph is same graph i posted sometime ago on system only, ie
> > the breakeven curve concept...
>
> Guess I was not on that list then.
>
> > only trade systems that fall above the curve, above 1 and
> > to the right of 60%...
> > and i can only see one dot there :-) what's the name of that one?
> > bilo.
>
> Dollar Trader on Yen (read: glory to nicely trending markets!!!).

yep, this is most likely due to trend in yen, no doubt...

> Based on the numbers you present, am I correct that your system takes
> profits at predetermined levels and is not a trend-follower?````

i am against taking profits at predetermined levels.... it's against the
market rule base... 50% to reduce risk is also questionable.
as far as trends  when you deal with
the true predictor concept which i am, none of the above such as
trend following, value or momentum or volatility trading matter anymore.
because the true predictor will combine the above trading vars into
one and the same... the predictor takes care of all: trend, value, momentum,
volatility because inherently those "variables" are in the equation...
regards.
bilo.
ps. my motto is : if you can move the market then you must follow it.
i read your website with much interest, my system is strictly univariate
approach...
which is where we differ... but you have a good R&D pocket in there :-)
trying to beat the prediction company?