AW: [Off Topic] IB data problems, not esig or qfeed

Pavel,

same IB things have been reported to me privatly. Yes, QCharts / feed was
unusuallly well. The fully automatic reconnecting (load balancing) to other
servers work very well - also thousends of kilometers far away over here in
Germany. They seem to use a technology something betwen a "mixture" from
CQG and from RealTickIII / TAL. I did not have the time to take a more
detailed look on Ravenquote, but I think I should do it. I have tested the
new release from CQG (Frankfurt) some weeks ago. Very often the data
delayed (especially when the european markets were open and the US markets
were on opening), there were a lot data gaps (futures and stocks), and some
bugs in programming (e.g. the pivots looked very nice: The calculated pivot
lines where different from the data shown in the window and looked like
channels which dropped down at the end of a trading day...). Mailed CQG
these things. Their answers / ideas: To slow ISP line, to slow computer, to
"small" computer, wrong installation etc. Later CQG confirmed "cutting"
some realtime exchange data from their data stream... to make sure that the
rest of the data is (should be) timely. Nice idea. I stopped the unpayed
software testing .CQG has to do some work on that. And I don't pay 400 Euro
/ month plus additional fees plus exchanges fees for this. I did not
download the JTWS because I'm so long in the software business to know how
"new" software works. Will wait 3-6 months. I still use the TWS.

rgds, Ralf

PS2000i