Re: bounce?

Bouncing Ticks is part of the TradeStation approach to
simulate trading activity within a bar when placing
stop and limit orders.
The only way bouncing ticks can affect results of a
system is if there are two or more stop or limit
orders within X% of the range of the bar. Where X is
the value for bouncing ticks.
>From my perspective, if your system is placing stop
and limit orders that close to each other, you are
using too big a data compression. It sounds like you
are trying to daytrade using daily bars.
AND, when you format the system you can click on the
option to analysis the strategy with tick data and
avoid all bar assumptions.

Regards,

Victor Cuadra
www.cuadraE.com

--- Phil Lane <patterntrader@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Some call this a feature, some call it a bug.
> Others have threatened legal
> action.  The only way to insure a reliable result is
> to NOT use the built-in
> stops and profit targets.  Otherwise you can turn
> most anything into a
> great-looking system.
>
> Sorry to tell you this,
> Phil