More DMA

Okay, I was determined to get DMA enabled on my NT4 SP6a box and it was
getting frustrating. I couldn't find anywhere in control panel or any
such to enable it or even tell me if it was enabled. I tried running
that DMA Check utility and it told me I didn't have any ATAPI devices (I
do) and everything was grayed out. So into Regedit and I added a bunch
of keys under ATAPI as recommended in the MS knowledge base for SP2. I
rebooted and it didn't seem to make a bit of difference. Back to the
knowledge base and I finally found where to look to see if it's enabled.
Open Regedit and go to

   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\HARDWARE\DEVICEMAP\Scsi\ScsiPort 0

If you find

   DMAEnabled   0x00000001 (1)

it's enabled. Mine was. So, I went back, deleted the keys I had added
and rebooted. Surprise, still enabled. A big fuss over nothing but at
least now I know. :-)

--
  Dennis