Re: need some ideas to (dis)prove an assumption

 Thanks for the ideas, Michael. I am a little hung up on margin and
liquidity issues. LIFFE sets margins on the stock futures (Universal
Stock Futures) based on the volatility of the underlying. Their margins
range from about 13-18%, last I knew. They have their own policies for
adjusting for corporate actions (e.g., splits, acquisitions, spin-offs,
buybacks,etc). In the US, the joint regulation of ssf's by the cftc and
sec will undoubtedly result in higher margin requirements, maybe 30-40%.
I don't think the US competitive edge will be in margins, but in broader
listings.

 Regards,
 Monte