Win95 demands password :(

I've just installed Win95 on my TS computer, and made the mistake
of giving it a user name and password during the installation process.
Now it demands a password from me every time I boot the thing,
which besides being an annoyance, won't let the machine recover
from a power failure unattended.

Sometimes it asks for a "network password" so I've removed everything
I could from the Network control panel.  Then the next boot, it
detects the network card and sets it up all over again, of course
with bogus settings.  I don't use networking yet with windows, but
I do with linux, so removing the network card is not an option.

Sometimes it demands simply a "windows password" so whatever the
case, it seems determined to make me use a password to get into
the damn thing.

Is there a way to get rid of the bootup challenge without reinstalling
from scratch?  I don't want to go much further with this thing
if I'm going to have to tear it all down to dirt anyway.

TIA

Jim