16-bit C++ DLL's for TS4?

I give up.  I'd like to experiment with some C++ DLL's for TS4, but
getting all the Microsoft voodoo lined up just right is driving me
nuts.  And if I do anything wrong, TS has a habit of crashing and I
can't restart it without rebooting, which is rather annoying.  (Even
my secondary "experimental" system is running DynaStore these days,
so I don't want to reboot it at will.)  I could probably figure this
out if I beat my head against the wall long enough, but I'd rather
not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to.

I have an old copy of MS VC++ 1.52, which generates 16-bit DLL's.  I
also have a copy of the UserDLLs.wri and GSDLLs.doc documents from
Omega, and some simple C examples (none of which seem to work right).

I want an example of a simple MSVC++ DLL project (compatible with
v1.52), complete with C++ source, MSVC++ project files, example EL
code to call it, etc.   Preferably the DLL would illustrate a variety
of calling conventions, e.g. passing/returning floats & strings,
accessing series values (past bars' OHLC), etc.

A complete and working C example would also be useful, but I'm really
looking for C++.

Given a complete example like that, I can modify it for my needs.

Help?
Gary