HR 1542 to ban VOIP a hoax? .... or were previous hoaxes softening us up for the real thing?

  • To: jeff@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Subject: HR 1542 to ban VOIP a hoax? .... or were previous hoaxes softening us up for the real thing?
  • From: Ullrich Fischer <uf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 May 2001 20:07:05 -0700

Hi, Jeff.

I saw your email re HR 1542 on the omega list just now.  This piece of
proposed legislation is remarkably similar to one that was featured in a
series of hoax chain email campaigns over the past few years.  How do we
know this is not another such hoax?  Is there .gov site which lists all
bills currently under consideration?  HR 1542 doesn't appear on the to be
dealt with this week' list.

Regards,
Ullrich