Re: Trading Systems

Clyde,

This is the most interesting thing that I have read about systems for
awhile. If you don't mind I'd like to ask you a few questions.

You asked if he bothered to checkout the methods used. How would someone
find out what the method these traders used?

Every new trader has tried MA, it comes with the software, but they
almost always show loses in back testing. What about these guys logic
makes it work?

You didn't follow the MA route did you? If not why not? Is SM better?

Thanks, if you have the time.

Prosper

>Did you bother to checkout the method these guys use and
 have used for almost 30 years.

 I have some of Dunn's first works and they (MA believe it or
 not) still work when you follow their logic.

 I can remember hours spent on a SDS Sigma 5 printing out
 charts which were "plotted" with a printer with closing prices
 and a couple of moving averages working.

 Very informative then (1970) and still is -- don't forget the value
 of moving averages.