Re: Trading Systems

Dang, but you’re not supposed to be proving my side of the issue. I
simply stayed with the original statement that I made. Since you are
challenging it, I get to make up the rules and definitions. I said can
and will, I didn't say when. I never said that systems have no value,
you said that, so we won’t address whether they may have value or not.
I assure you that the time is very real. It has to work forever, or not.

We have got to do some repair here since I gave into you and said that
you were right, my new found faith in systems is starting to waver. We
just can't have constant tweaking and have a true system, which is what
the discretionary traders do. The only reason for tweaking would have to
be if the system is failing so it is the signals and only the signals
from the point that the system is finished, no adjustments.

We are getting tired of this by now, so let’s just forget the proof and
rules and go with the faith. Systems are good, you will make money, use
them frequently.

Prosper

> Your position is untennable since you are saying a system is of no
value if
it does not last 10, 1000, or 10,000 yrs.  Get real!  A great system
that
lasts just 3 years can create enough capital to retire on as long as one
does not pyramid or trade in a cowboy fashion.  So if it starts to
become
less effective, *move on*.  Your are not married to a system just like
one
should not be married to a stock.  If you own a Honda, it takes you
300,000
miles, then dies or retires, does that mean it was not a great car?
Systems
are created by people and people as well as markets change.  Good
discretionary traders are continually adjusting their methods and making
necessary changes to stay at the top of their work.  If they don't,
they
become less effective, just like systems can.  So a claim of infinite
time
being required for a material object or method is contrary to the laws
of
physics and thus a ludicrous position from which to argue.  I'm sure you
can
come up with a better reason than that not to trade systems.