Ink for Ink Jet Printers

I guess it's common knowledge that ink jet printer companies make their money
from their ink cartridges rather than their printers. I suspect they would
gladly give away their printers if they could keep customers from stripping
the cartridges and throwing away the machines.

PC World magazine bravely (I can't imagine that its printer advertisers were
pleased) ran an article in its June 1999 issue about ink refills for all
prominent printers. I got a kit for my Lexmark, $19.95 delivered, good for
about five full refills, and have been highly pleased. When I encountered
difficulty initially my problem was solved via an immediate Email reply.

PC World listed the following sources:

CompuBiz  www.colorado-west.com/inkjet

Nu-kote International  www.nu-kote.com

Renewable Resources  www.renewableresources.com

Repeat-O-Type Manufacturing  www.repeatotype.com

I picked Repeat-O-Type by chance and, within that group, ink@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
While I have been highly satisfied, I don't doubt that the other vendors are
as good. No connection other than as a pleased customer.

By the way, in rereading the article I learn that a pint bottle of ink, good
for 70 refills, was available for $27, though one would still need to replace
the cartridge after every half dozen or so refills.

Ralph Love