Re: Thanks - RE: Todd Mitchell

I might have suspected that other members of the group would be interested
in the comments I received, especially as no one posted publicly, and I've
had as many emails asking what the consensus was (:-). The following might
help a little - but probably not a lot...

I've tried to break the comments down into bite-size chunks. Some people
volunteered more information than others and not all respondents had
apparently taken the course, some had simply seen the course material so
the comments are not all "first hand" experience. No one described his
methods in detail.

Based on standard customised indicators 2
Highly discretionary 1
Designed with S&P in mind 2
Relies on scalping too little from S&P 2
Problems getting orders in with market moving fast 1
Todd unsuccessful at personal trading 2
Well produced videos 1
If you're new to trading, good information 5
References (from ex clients) poor 1
Good Course 1
Not a good course 1
Heard negative things about it 1
Offers to sell it 1

I have been in touch with Todd and asked for references, specifically
email as I'm based in the UK. He sent five, only three had email
addresses, one bounced, one hasn't yet replied and the other is a guy who
writes indicators for him and, of course, made very positive comments
about the course.

My main concern was the amount of discretionary involvement the course
requires as I'm really looking for a mechanical system. Todd says his
course is 85% mechanical and 15% discretionary. He's sending me his audio
tape and some bumf. The jury's still out on this one but I guess I'm not
tending towards it at the moment...

Ian