Absurd TS2k/Pentium Precision Problem

  • To: "OmegaList \(E-mail\)" <omega-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Absurd TS2k/Pentium Precision Problem
  • From: "Ivo Karindi" <ivo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2001 02:14:10 -0700

Something pretty absurd: I wrote an indicator that I gave to someone else to
use.  On his computer, he is getting some absurd errors due to the indicator
not being able to do the math properly in certain borderline situations.
The borderline situations should not be on the edge of precision capabilites
of neither his computer nor TS: 3.1284% gets interpreted as 3.12% on his
computer, but not on mine.  Data is the same, TS2k service packages are the
same, I run w2k, he runs w98 <- that's the possible cause?

Ivo