Re: weird problem with my TS2K charts

In a message dated 4/22/01 8:27:23 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
philippe.lhermie@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Dear Folks,

 I'm facing a weird problem with my TS2K charts:
 I cannot select a time compression which is a multiple of 5 min
 and every other selections work fine!

 I had a look in my GlobalServer and some of my symbols have a Resolution of
 "Trade REcord 5 minutes" and some don't.
 But in any case there is no 5 min data available.

=======================

Philippe,

I'm going to comment here from memory.  A number of my old records went to
'record heaven' when I converted to a new computer about 8 months ago and
also moved physically.  Anyway, what you describe rang a memory bell
concerning similar problems I had a few years ago ... but that was with TS4
and not TS2K (which is what I'm using now).  I can't remember if my 'problem'
back then was the same as yours but it sure sounds quite similar.  After some
'back and forth' with Omega Research Techies, I was instructed to 'rebuild'
my index file.  The procedure for doing that also now resides in 'record
heaven' so I can't be specific.  IF that is related to your problem I am sure
there is somebody on this list who might have details for the procedure.  If
not, give (what's their new name again?) Omega Research Tech Support a
'jingle' (e-mail works best for me) and see what they have to say.  Unlike
others who've posted to this list, I've found them to be most helpful.  But
then again maybe they have gone to 'tech support heaven' too! <G>

Lee Scharpen