Re: Differences between graphs and maths

Ah, this is interesting. The first set of bands was plotted as a ShowMe
which doesn't have a Scaling option. I transferred the code to an
Indicator and plotted it on top of the chart so I could see the
difference.

When Scaling is set to Screen (which is what the price data is set to) you
can usually see the difference between the Indicator and ShowMe plots.
However... scrolling through the chart, at some points the ShowMe line
disappears. What's more, when it disappears, the price bar doesn't display
correctly vis a vis the bands.

I've discovered that if remove the ShowMe from the display and set the
Indicator to Same as price data, the chart displays price and bands
correctly most of the time. BUT, not always... Or so it seems. The system
is actually triggering some signals when the Low>bottom band which it
shouldn't do...

Anyway, I've rambled on enough...

Thought - how many decimal places do the compare functions - < > - work
to? When the system incorrectly triggers a signal it seems to be when the
difference between the band and the price lies in the third decimal place.
Eg, 0.7470 and 0.7447, although prices 0.7433 and 0.7401 don't work,
either.

Argh...

Cheers,
Ian