RE: EL Rate Cut System - Why ?

Actually, I worked for Bill McDonough for a handful of years. He's the NY
Fed chairman these days. This has his fingerprints all over it. He is a
very close friend of several of the craftiest FX intervention
ministers...and they eventually learned that if you want bang for your
buck, wait for the trend to turn and just when the rally gets to a
territory that might be resistance, give it a kick to catch the market off
guard.

I think you will continue to see more creative use of these tactics...

Best,

Tim Morge