Re: Fed aftermath ES vs SP

In a message dated 4/18/01 8:52:04 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
simtrader@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< ESM1 high: 1325
 SPM1 high: 1270

 Like most folks, I'm well aware of the chaos that ensues on ES and NQ in a
 fast market as compared to their pit counterparts.  But I've yet to see a
 lucid technical explanation of exactly WHY the price gets so far
 out-of-line.  Anyone car to divulge?

 Simon. >>

The 1325 number for ES was ONE tick.   The ticks on either side were 1252.2
as I recall.  Personally I edited the tick at 1325 and put it at the same
value as those on either side of it.  With this 'edit' the high for ES was
then 1275 ... pretty much in line with the BIG S&P.   I just cannot believe
that for ONE tick there was a 75 point move in ES.  Anybody out there have
the 'facts'?

Lee Scharpen