Re: S&P Daytrading/Short Term Systems

R-Mesa is a cycle adjusted version of R-Breaker. R-Breaker is a
double or triple box breakout system that uses the limits of the first
hour's trading. I think it trades with a one or two point stop loss and
will only take two trades a day. It has done well in the past, but I
think it has not done well lately because of price choppiness and a
tendency (IMHO) of the market to hunt the stops. I seem to
remember that it relies on big winners, those days that run in one
direction.

I had it traded for me by a broker for a brief period of time to see
how it performed (risking only one contract), but the broker
screwed up by forgetting to place a stop and in the ensuing dispute
I lost interest, so I learned nothing useful other than how to file a
successful complaint with the CFTC.

On 15 Apr 2001, at 10:58, John Lynch wrote:

> I am looking at purchasing an S&P Daytrading system to complement my longer
> term trend following systems.  I have looked at a number including R-Mesa.
> I'd apprecciate advice:
>
> - if anyone has used R-Mesa how does actual performance match up with
> theoretical performance?
> - does anyone have any recommendation on it or other short term systems?
> - is it a good idea to complement your long term systems with short term S&P
> systems?
>
> John

JFB
NYC