Re: PFG / was Re: Online futures trading - any suggestions?

Simon:

You are right.  The studies of the stock side online firms showed every one
of them to have problems from time to time.  That is why the supporting
service is so important.  Datek used to have a 45 minute average waiting time
to talk to a representative.  And that was average over a 24 hour period.
Yikes!

Some have described PATS as "best of breed."  One client of mine said best in
show is what you really want.  :-)

Anyway, I can set up a "view only" PATS account for prospects where they are
connected to the real platform and can see for yourself the speed and
connectivity of the interface.  This is a useful shakedown tool before
clients go to the effort of opening an account.  PATS JTrader needs Windows
2000 or NT to operate, though I run it on ME and have not had any problems.
We have had problems with a client running Win98 on an IBM Aptiva, even after
they upgraded to Win 2000.  We believe this is an IBM issue.

So if you want me to show you a system that closer to the ideal, not the
perfect, just let me know and I will set you up with a view only account.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading  Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.

In a message dated 4/13/01 12:30:36 PM Central Daylight Time,