Re: Online futures trading - any suggestions?

In a message dated 4/13/01 8:25:54 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
I4Lothian@xxxxxxx writes:

<< Simon:

 Just a minor clarification.  PFG stops do not reside directly on Globex2,
 they reside on the Order Manager Server, or OM Server of the CME.  This is
 the same server that handles stops and markets orders for TOPS based
systems.
  These stops are really aggressive limit orders once the price has been
 elected.  My FCM uses the OM server with 16 tick limits set to the stops.

 Globex2 does accept stop-limit orders and those do reside directly on the
 Globex2 host. >>

John,

I wasn't quite sure how to interpret the '16 tick limits set to stops' phrase
you used.  Could you explain in  a little more detail how this would work in
practice please?

Thanks

Lee Scharpen